Updated November 6, 2018
One blog post couldn’t capture all of the information to share about self publishing and how it’s different for Canadians. My new ebook, Self Publishing For Canadians (published Nov 5, 2018) is only 99 cents at Amazon, Kobo, Apple, Barnes and Noble and many more outlets. Click the link above or the buy link below.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- The steps of publishing a book (both print and ebook) including notes on everything you’ll need for publishing your book from start to finish.
- Creating an author persona – everything from websites to social media to your mailing list.
- Specific issues that Canadians face when publishing on U.S. platforms like Withholding Taxes, ISBNs, Canadian taxes, copyright, GST and more.
- Information about the most common publishing platforms, from going direct at Amazon, Apple and Kobo to aggregators like Draft2Digital and Smashwords and many others.
- Information on each platform includes what they publish, how you get paid, pricing structures, issues you may face, file types they accept and what promotions they offer.
- Getting in brick and mortar stores.
- Places to avoid publishing and losing money you don’t need to.
- Information on how to price your books.
- Promotion info, from mailing list builders to discount book newsletters, box sets to book trailers.
- A dictionary of terms so you can know all the insider lingo, from cockygate to reverse harem, and the 30 day cliff to a loss leader. Learn what HFN, HEA, KENP, NCX, ACX and PNR mean.
- Book recommendations for specific aspects of publishing.
If you’re a Canadian who has always wanted to write and self publish, this book will give you a great overview of the industry and get your career off on the right foot.