Read the Sin City blurb here!
Sin City is being released November 1st, I’ve shared the cover, and now it’s time for the “back of the book” blurb.
Las Vegas, 1966.
There are parts of Sin City the neon lights don’t reach, and only the desperate and dangerous venture into the city’s seedy backstreets, where gangsters rule, the floating poker games never stop, and people disappear without a trace.
Ruby Gordon is desperate. She has nowhere else to go when her brother opens his home to her. He runs an off-the-books juke joint, and she is fascinated by the most dangerous – and handsome – of his clientele.
Tim Kelly is dangerous. His father never achieved notoriety with the Chicago Outfit, but Tim has aspirations to strike out on his own. He has plans, and they don’t include a naive newcomer.
Jake Wheeler is both. The Airman-turned-rodeo-rider is as gorgeous as he is foul-tempered, and he’s Tim’s not-so-friendly rival. When he notices Tim’s interest in Ruby, he’s determined to derail Tim’s plans.
The three of them are on a collision course, but there’s only one rule in Vegas: The house always wins.
The Sin City release is coming soon!
I shared this information with my newsletter a little while ago, so now it’s time to share with everyone else. Sin City will be released on November 1st, 2016!
It will be available in print and ebook format. The book is already listed on Goodreads, so please add it as a To Read.
The cover was designed by J Caleb Design. It captures the feeling of the 1960s and Las Vegas.
My excitement is growing for everyone to read it. For more exclusive info on releases, discount codes and freebies, as well as contest announcements, join my mailing list. If you sign up now, you’ll receive a FREE ebook copy of Brookline University: Freshman Year.
One blog post couldn’t capture all of the information to share about self publishing and how it’s different for Canadians. My new ebook, Self Publishing For Canadians (published Nov 5, 2018 and updated most recently in late November 2019) is only 99 cents at Amazon, Kobo, Apple, Barnes and Noble and many more outlets. Click the link above or the buy link below.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- The steps of publishing a book (both print and ebook) including notes on everything you’ll need for publishing your book from start to finish.
- Creating an author persona – everything from websites to social media to your mailing list.
- Specific issues that Canadians face when publishing on U.S. platforms like Withholding Taxes, ISBNs, Canadian taxes, copyright, GST and more.
- Information about the most common publishing platforms, from going direct at Amazon, Apple and Kobo to aggregators like Draft2Digital and Smashwords and many others.
- Information on each platform includes what they publish, how you get paid, pricing structures, issues you may face, file types they accept and what promotions they offer.
- Getting in brick and mortar stores.
- Places to avoid publishing and losing money you don’t need to.
- Information on how to price your books.
- Promotion info, from mailing list builders to discount book newsletters, box sets to book trailers.
- A dictionary of terms so you can know all the insider lingo, from cockygate to reverse harem, the 30 day cliff to a loss leader. Learn what HFN, HEA, KENP, NCX, ACX and PNR mean.
- Book recommendations for specific aspects of publishing.
If you’re a Canadian who has always wanted to write and self publish, this book will give you a great overview of the industry and get your career off on the right foot.
The book is also available in paperback via Amazon!