Jennifer Samson is the author of the crime saga Sin City series and co-author of the comedy/thriller Billie and Diana series. She has been published in the literary journals Thursday and The Lyre, as well as the BoldPrint book Friends (as Jennifer Cassidy). Her work has been featured in the Brookline TAB, Toronto Star, Ottawa Citizen, Edmonton Sun and Alpha Phi Quarterly.
She enjoys pens, Hilroy loose leaf paper, corner store candy, adorable cats, and beating her Goodreads Reading Challenge every year. Being Canadian, a love of hockey goes without saying.
She has written nineteen original novels, two novellas and one short fiction. She is currently re-writing her YA Brookline University series for future re-release.
14 Things About Me
- My favourite authors include Tess Gerritsen, Lisa Gardner, Kathy Reichs, Dana Stabenow, Stephen King and Lois Duncan.
- I’m an ISFJ.
- My recent ancestors came from Scotland, Ireland, England, Poland/Lithuania, and Jersey (Channel Islands).
- I own over 575 books. This is down from over 800, only because I needed space to move around my house.
- I hand coded my first website in 1996.
- I’ve kept a diary since I was 10 and write in it every day.
- I own over 80 notebooks … but I prefer Hilroy loose leaf.
- I love pens, especially fine tipped (0.5mm or smaller) Japanese brands.
- I love the Grateful Dead, especially the Brent years. Some of my favourites:
- Althea (1990-03-15 Capital Center/Without a Net)
- Terrapin Station (Terrapin Station)
- Tennessee Jed (1990-03-15 Capital Center)
- Franklin’s Tower (1980-10-25 Radio City Music Hall/Dead Set)
- Sunshine Daydream (1989-07-18 Alpine Valley)
- Touch of Grey (In The Dark)
- Cumberland Blues (1989-07-17 Alpine Valley)
- Hell In A Bucket (1989-07-07 JFK/Crimson, White & Indigo)
- Blow Away (1989-07-07 JFK/Crimson, White & Indigo)
- a good Drums->Space
- Not Fade Away->Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (1971-04-05 Hammerstein Ballroom/Skull & Roses)
- New Minglewood Blues (1980-10-10 Warfield Theater/Dead Set)
- Little Red Rooster (1980-10-29 Radio City Music Hall/Dead Set)
- All Along the Watchtower (1987-10-02 Shoreline Amphitheater)
- Man Smart, Woman Smarter (1989-07-12 RFK)
- … I could go on, but I will spare you
- I’ve done National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo) 16 times.
- I’ve been a fan of New Kids on the Block (NKOTB) since I was 13. Joe girl, Jon tendencies.
- I’ve been a member of Alpha Phi Women’s Fraternity for fifteen years (and I love writing sorority recommendation letters for potential new members!).
- I’ve donated blood 26 times and platelets and plasma once.
- I try to read at least 30 books a year. Lately I’ve done a minimum of 52 a year for my Goodreads Reading Challenge.